SR. HEALTH AND SAFETY ENGINEER
Our client is a global leader in the steel recycling industry. In operation for over a century, the company today has annual revenues approaching $2 billion. The Sr. Health and Safety Engineer will take a pro-active approach in achieving the operational and Health & Safety goals of multiple plants in the New England region by sharing ideas for process improvements. This position administers safety policies and develops consistent and uniform safety practices in conjunction with long term safety goals of the company. Individual will take responsibility for implementing safety programs for all assigned locations and for minimizing company safety liabilities. Liabilities are reduced by: establishing and enforcing effective safety policies and loss control programs; developing a culture that proactively engages in anticipating and preventing hazardous conditions; implementing compliance training; and engaging management commitment to drive the appropriate behaviors that prevent injuries or illnesses in the work place.
- Environmental and Health & Safety (H&S)
- Leads and coordinates overall safety compliance program.
- Develops, implements and maintains written safety programs in conjunction with the Safety Strategic Plan
- Implements processes and training necessary to meet all legal/governmental requirements.
- Conducts appropriate and required trainings (e.g. industrial hygiene, safety equipment usage, confined space, ergonomics). Uses knowledge, skills, and abilities compulsory for developing training programs to reduce use of outside contractors. This responsibility includes Behavioral Based Training.
- Assists with coaching all employees on safety related issues.
- Continue to develop training programs to reduce the use of outside contractor
- Assist operations in driving continuous improvements and compliance, making recommendations for improvements and providing risk assessments to managers and leaders of business operations.
- Prepares, distributes and communicates a variety of safety reports, including injury trend analysis.
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits program and relocation if required.Ideal candidate will hold appropriate degree/s and certification/s and related professional experience. Email resume in confidence to email@example.com or call (941) 924-0710 to learn more.